Arley has been the much loved family home of Lord Ashbrook's forebears since the fifteenth century and where he and wife Zoe continue to live today.
It is one of the most interesting and attractive stately homes in the North West. The elaborate ceilings and oak panelling, impressive fireplaces, intricate stained glass and beautiful contents are features which make Arley Hall so special. It gives an intimate insight into life in the Hall and the history of a family that has cherished Arley as their home for over 550 years.
The present Hall stands on the same site as the first house built by the family 1469. The Hall standing was built between 1832 and 1845 by Rowland Egerton-Warburon to the design of George Latham, a Nantwich architect. It is situated at the very heart of the Estate. It overlooks the famous Gardens and beautifully landscaped Park. The stonework of the house is Hollington stone.
The Gardens, which are amongst the finest in Britain, are outstanding for their vitality, variety and historical interest and are particularly celebrated for the magnificent double herbaceous border.
The Arley Hall Archives illuminates life and work in a country house in Cheshire in the period 1750–1790, it makes available some of the extraordinarily detailed accounts and documents that survive at Arley.
Images and content courtesy of Arley Hall http://www.arleyhallandgardens.com