- Prune Wisteria by removing the whippy side-shoots from the main branch framework to about 20cm from their base (about five leaves from the main stem).
- Dead-head bedding plants and perennial plants to stop them self-seeding and to encourage further flowering.
- Dead-head your roses to keep them looking tidy. Leave the flowers in place if your rose produces attractive hips (seed pods).
- Dead-head sweet peas regularly to keep them blooming. Water daily in dry weather.
- Capture seed heads from dandelions and other weeds. Collect them before they get a chance to release their seeds and spread throughout your garden.
- Keep an eye out for pests on plants, early treatment is best.
Thursday, 29 June 2017 21:55
JulyWritten by The Webmaster
Published in Gardening Tips