- Keep patio container plants well-watered and feed with a liquid fertiliser every fortnight.
- Dead-head bedding plants and perennial plants to stop them self-seeding and to encourage further flowering into the autumn.
- Trim your lavender plants after they’ve finished flowering to keep them compact.
- Cut back faded perennials to keep borders tidy.
- Cut back herbs now to encourage a new flush of tasty leaves you can harvest before the frost.
- Prune summer flowering shrubs once they have finished blooming.
- Prune climbing roses and rambling roses once they've finished flowering (unless they are repeat-flowerers in which case leave them).
- Collect ripened seed and store for next year. Leaving some seed heads in place can be attractive and allows the plant to self-seed in the surrounding soil.
Thursday, 29 June 2017 22:02
AugustWritten by The Webmaster
Published in Gardening Tips